buy sudstress

Friday, October 23, 2009

Three of three which is still four with fingers crossed for five

Okay, you've waited long enough. I haven't been trying to build the anticipation by delaying the post of this, uh.. post. It's just that this third one is big. It's the biggest opportunity for me so far and because no actual soap or money has exchanged yet, I have been hesitant to make an official announcement. I'll admit that I've probably told at least ten people in the last week or so. I just can't completely hold it in.

To recap, I first posted about an opportunity that came through is a spot in Etsy's City Guide. This feature is not currently live, but when it is, I will be one of many artists included in the Atlanta section. I'm excited to see how it turns out!

The second fantastic piece of news I shared with you was when I found out that I was going to be featured in Daily Candy's fall wedding guide for Atlanta, which came out October 13th.

This is how the third one played out...

Almost two months ago I received an email from the buyer at the Harry's Farmers Market, all of whose stores were bought out by Whole Foods Markets in 2001, inquiring about my soap. She actually discovered me on etsy. (Shout out to Etsy, yo!) We emailed back and forth multiple times and eventually she sent me this 11 page vendor application packet. It took me a second to get over my intimidation. I filled it out, sent it in about a month ago and then about a week and a half ago I started to get emails showing that a vendor account had been set up for me, but without explicitly being told "you are now a WFM vendor". I admit, I got a little choked up, but still wasn't sure if I'd actually been accepted or not and had to have it spelled out for me before I understood that my soap had been accepted!

I am at the very beginning of this process and not sure what kind of timeline or volume to expect, but I. am. excited!! There will certainly be a learning curve when dealing with an organization of this size, as I am used to single or partner owned boutiques, but I am ready for the challenge and secure in my abilities. I still have that old childhood voice in my head that didn't want to announce this amazing news for fear that I may "jinx it". Then the rational sudstress Kat steps in and asks "why would an organization of this size waste their time setting up an account for a vendor with whom they do not plan to do business?" and I get all excited again. It still has yet to completely sink in.

You may remember back in August when I posted about the Etsy & Martha Stewart Weddings DIY contest that I entered. They were supposed to announce the winners on October 15th, but have yet to do so due to technical difficulties. I've got my fingers crossed to make it in their favorite etsians.


4 comments:

holly wynne said...

Yayayayayayayayay!!!!!!!! Oh, I'm so happy--you're on your way :).

firebreathingwaitress said...

i give you many high fives!! this is so great!! WFM = OMG!! i am beyond pumped for you!! and i love exclamation points!!

Anonymous said...

Many Congrats! What a great adventure!

Beyond the Picket Fence said...

Wow! I am so happy for you!! Your soaps are wonderful!! whoooohooooooo!!!!!!!!