buy sudstress

Sunday, July 12, 2009

clankin' around in my noggin

custom wholesale soap


chocolate raspberry soap cake custom made for a bridal shower


tomato, pumice, clay, lemongrass, rosemary & clary sage gardener's herbal scrub soap


more sensual calendula petal - one of my favorites


silk & shea re-design


Gah! I've been meaning and meaning to write. You can rest assured that when there's nothing going on in my blog that there are all sorts of things happening my real life. I've been wrestling with several major issues lately and have been trying to sort them out. If you could see my thoughts, they'd probably resemble the aftermath of a tornado and I've spared all but those I need to help me through them. There are no quick fixes, I just have to trudge on through.

One major speedbump is that I quit my job about two months ago when I decided to permanently leave bartending after 14 years in the industry with no real plan on what to do next. It's obviously been and continues to be a huge transition for me even though I sort of glossed over it in a previous post. Then, three days after I quit, Neko died, overshadowing everything leaving me feeling as though the rug had been pulled out from under me. Every other day, I get this feeling like someone is wringing out my intestines when I remember how permanent death is. I've also been feeling isolated and disconnected as a result, which is strange because I love alone time and value it as highly as food, water and sleep. I'm an odd contradiction. My apologies for being so vague and so brief for those that might actually want to know what's clankin' around in my noggin.

Today I took a ton of pictures of soap that will be finished curing soon, so I'll share a couple with you and then come back later (maybe today, maybe not) to elaborate, vent, wax philosophical or just brag about my soap.

1 comment:

Erin Napier said...

How's it going since you quit your job? I would love to do it but I'm a bit of a scaredy cat ;-)

Your soaps look great. Love the calendula ... looks very pure and elegant.