buy sudstress

Friday, April 25, 2008

Quick & Random

The Inman Park Festival starts tomorrow and I'm working tonight until the wee hours and will probably not sleep before arriving to set up as close to 6:30 a.m. as possible.  Fourteen hours is a long day with no sleep, but I've done it before and I can do it again.  I never feel ready for these things.  It's so hard to predict what people will want and I always wish I had a more varied product line.  A few deep breaths should do the trick.  My success or failure does not depend solely on this one event.  My tent leaked last year and the weather forecast calls for scattered thunderstorms on both days, so I bought some scotch guard and a couple of plastic tarps.  Everything will be fine.

I rode hard on Tuesday.  I did 26 hilly miles in about an hour and a half.  Not too shabby, but I have not run or biked since and wish I could go right now to relieve some of this nervous tension.  I'm a little stressed about the j.o.b. as well, but things will work out, I guess.  They always do.   And if they don't...  they still will, just differently.  

I haven't felt this stressed in a while, so I'm going to focus on de-stressing about everything.  It's just wasted energy.  I think part of it is that I feel like I don't have a very big support network right now.  Unsure whether this feeling comes from inside or out, but I'm inclined to say it's the former rather than the latter.

I've lost a few pounds, that's good.  I hope it's not my hyperthyroidism acting up again.  I need to make an appointment with the endocrinologist on Monday.

This month I watched Little Children, Juno, Capote, No Country for Old Men, Owning Mahowny and Sex & Lucia.  I highly recommend them all.  I also discovered that I really like the Paolo Nutini cd.  He sings about getting it on in pretty much every song.  Speaking of which, I can't wait to see this guy in June when he comes to visit me.


I am going to take a lesson from my kitty Neko, he has not a care in the world.


Okay, I feel a little better.  Now I shall go load heavy tables into my car.

1 comment:

markandmelissa said...

Hey Kathy,
Let us know how the Inman Festival turns out. I hope it goes great. You do fantastic work.
-Bro