buy sudstress

Monday, June 27, 2011

What's new?

First and foremost, the best new thing in my life is my 7 week old (as of yesterday) niece Zora.  Zora is a name of Czech origin - my grandmother spoke fluent Czech, as that's where her mother was from, so it's in our blood.  It means dawn or sunrise.  I love it.  I love her.  I visited with the bf a couple of weeks ago and got to meet her for the first time.

This trip gave me a permanent change in perspective.  I instantly fell in love with Zora and am pained to be so far away.  I know being related gives a person some bias, but she's such a lovely li'l lady.  I can't express how incredible it was to observe this little human, watch her face change from second to second, and learn her little idiosyncrasies.  She loves to bounce, she needs to bounce or you get squirmy face.  She furrows her brows, but when she's tired, if you stroke above the bridge of her nose, between her eyebrows, instantly her eyes close and face relaxes.  She sometimes falls asleep with her eyes open; she smiles in her sleep; she fights sleep because she wants to look around, she seems fascinated.


At Red Rocks to see Ray LaMontagne - they only got to stay for three of his songs... such is life with a li'l one.

Just past 6 weeks - she's been starting to smile and giggle.  The videos are absolutely adorable.

I finally made some more after hours a few days ago.  I was down to the last bar which sold the same day, oddly enough.  It's looking good.  Should be ready in about a month.

I returned to yoga at a new studio in Oakhurst.  I bought a groupon for a month of unlimited yoga.  My goal is to make 6 classes per week.  So far I've made 3 of the last 4 days.  I really like it because there are no mirrors.  I hate mirrors in any kind of exercise class.  All I do is pick myself apart and lose focus.  I know the mindset would be the better fix, but for now, mirror-less studios are going to have to do.  Most of the classes are Vinyasa and my shoulders are feeling all of those downward dog poses.  I'll update you on my progress.

I switched locations at my job.  I was dealing with a dynamic regarding one specific manager that was detrimental to my well-being, so I put in my notice.  I was surprised to be offered a position at the other location and I have to say, the place has a really nice feel.  I was greeted with a warm hug and a sincere welcome and really like the people I'm with behind the bar.  My income will be substantially less, but some things just aren't worth the mental anguish.

That's about all I'll share for now.  Life's been jam packed with surprises, new things, small crises, several things up in the air, uncertainty, etc...  I suppose that's nothing unique to me, so I'll spare you the rest and leave you with one more photo that is full of love and laughter - the two most important things in life:

No comments: