buy sudstress

Monday, March 22, 2010

Realignment

I realize I've completely abandoned posting about soap during the roller coaster that has been my personal life over the course of the past few months.  I originally started this blog as a way to integrate who I am with my soap and I'm sorry that my chaos has overrun the joint.  I am getting really sick of feeling down, but just can't seem to snap myself out of it lately.  As universal timing would have it, my mom sent me the Excuses Begone book & cd set from Dr. Wayne Dyer, which I started listening to yesterday.  Several months ago, I was introduced to the doc with The Power of Intention and found it quite enlightening.  I had taken to surrounding myself with reminders to think consciously, which somehow faded away and I fell back into old thinking patterns that landed me here.  So... I'm taking Bon Iver out of heavy rotation and putting Wayne in.  Who am I kidding, I'm listening to re:stacks right now... it's just so beautiful.

Even though I have been feeling sad and rejected as of late, I'm excited to have discovered something wonderful that I believe is my next step.  Over the last year, I've contemplated going back to school.  I mentioned that psychology has always interested me, but also, I considered becoming a registered dietitian, as nutrition as part of whole and preventative health is a big passion and fascination of mine.  During my research of the real world application of this type of education, I realized that I wasn't particularly thrilled with the idea of creating nursing home menus and checking meat temperatures with little or no freedom to help individuals feel their best through diet and individual care.  I am also interested in a progressive understanding of nutrition that advances with science and research.  Then, I discovered the Institute for Integrative Nutrition and it was like the heavens opened up and a light shone down.  This is exactly what I've been searching for.  The next distance learning program starts at the beginning of May, so it is my intention to enroll within the next two weeks.

I do not foresee closing up Sudstress shop, but I will have to slow down while I'm studying.  My love of soap remains, but it will have to be a part time love.  I will update you on where Sudstress is heading, but for now it's definitely staying in the wedding niche.  In fact, I need to go now so I can deliver 175 Sudstress favors for the BRIDES magazine event at the High Museum this Wednesday.  I love making cutie pies.

3 comments:

Krug's Eco-Logic said...

Good for YOU !! What's the fun in living unless you're doing what you LOVE !! You go for it, chicka-dee! I'd love to get into nutrition too - so INTERESTING! I took a human physiology course (which had hints of nutrition throughout) to get my bio degree and it was SOOO interesting. I know you'll just love nutrition. You go GIRL !

holly wynne said...

This is wonderful. I will probably employ your services someday--I could even barter massages, seriously :). I'm glad you're having some hopeful clarity even in the midst of so much that has been unsettling.

jimiyo said...

I have re: stacks on my mini road trip CD (along with Svefn-g-englar by Sigur Ros) Sometimes we just want to feel emo I think? Honestly I'm kinda looking forward to going there in my mind and indulging in a little emo on my road trip, but I also got some snappy happy music too.

Sweet disposition - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhsirT9bIi0

Swimmer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8s3fSE5j8o

Listzomania - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrbGpvOulec

Anyways, Dr. Wayne sounds like a plan Kat! There's great things in store for you. I believe it. xo