buy sudstress

Friday, December 19, 2008

Soap, Soap, Soap and Christmas.

I just put another bad ass soap to bed.  I've been working round the clock when I'm not working or taking a measly two or three days a week (lately) for the gym.  I'm working hard to get a sample groomsmen gift set together by January 1.  Apparently wedding planning season is January.  This gift set includes six different soaps all in a custom box with a custom insert.  I am meeting with the people who can help me make this happen on Monday with Erin.  Oh yeah, I met with Erin on Tuesday and she gave me some new possible logos.  They. were. fan. tastic!  In fact, there is one that is exactly what I had envisioned, just with no means to translate it onto paper.  It's like she and her husband used some weird device like they'd have in some Sci-Fi B-movie to create an image based on my thoughts.  

So, for this gift set, I've been using the new square, 9 soaps at a time molds that I recently bought for the sample sized soaps to give to the racers of the Southern Cross Cyclocross Endurance Race and the larger squares of dirt soap for the winners swag bags.  Last night I made a batch of Blue Sugar and created a navy blue and a super stark white glopped together to make a random cow-like pattern.  It looks bad ass.  Then tonight, I made a batch of Sandalwood and incorporated a stark white swirl and a bronzy, rich brown mica swirl.  It looks like a slab of onyx marble... seriously bad ass.  I know I keep describing my soaps with the same adjective, but it's so accurate.

Next week I have to work both Christmas Eve and Christmas night at the bar, which originally I thought I wasn't going to have to because I'd seen that somebody requested to work those shifts.  Recently that person was taken off the schedule and since everybody else requested off for at least one of those nights, that leaves me.  It's not like I'll have family in town or anything, but it's just kinda depressing.  The one day and night that everybody in the country gets to have off or at least gets paid extra to work regardless of whether they celebrate or not and I get neither.  It actually used to be a good night to work because there would only be one or two places open, but over the years, everybody caught on and now all the bars in the neighborhood are open, so I'm fairly sure it won't be any more money than a regular weeknight shift, sadly.  I hope I'm wrong.  Can you feel the air of self pity running through this paragraph?  Meh.  Who wouldn't feel this way?  It's not going to ruin my week or anything, especially with all the positive things I've been doing lately, but it is going to suck.  No doubt about it. 

funny pictures
more animals
So, here are cute kitteh xmas pictures to make everyone feel better. 

funny pictures of cats with captions
more animals
funny pictures
more animals
funny pictures
more animals
funny pictures
more animals
funny pictures of cats with captions
more animals
more animals
funny pictures of cats with captions
more animals
funny pictures of cats with captions
more animals
funny pictures of cats with captions
more animals
funny pictures of cats with captions
more animals
funny pictures of cats with captions
more animals
funny pictures of cats with captions
more animals

1 comment:

FuturePrimitive Soap Co. said...

that sucks that you gotta work Kat - especially for no extra pay. I'd tell 'em to shuv it.
The new soaps sound so good - pics please!