buy sudstress

Saturday, June 13, 2009

kreativ blogger award, take 2



The honor of the Kreativ Blogger Award has been bestowed upon me not once, but twice!  (wOOt)  Thank you so much to Jo of The Soap Bar and Tiggy from Future Primitive who have both named me as one of their recipients.  As if it's not already enough that these lovely ladies' blogs already send me quite a bit of traffic, they both go and brighten my day.  I think that because I received it twice, I'm allowed to include some honorable mentions.

Here are the rules of the award:
1. The winner may put the logo on his/her blog.
2. Put a link to the person you got the award from.
3. List seven things you love.
4. List seven blogs you love.
5. Leave a message for your nominees.

Seven Things that I Love:

  1. all things soap
  2. animals
  3. hiking and camping in the mountains
  4. activity, whether running, biking, walking, gyming...
  5. swings of all kinds - porch swings, swingset swings, etc.
  6. my family - some by blood, others by choice
  7. unseasonably cool days that remind me of a northern summer
Honorable Mentions:  
  • great music ( neko case, ryan adams, great lake swimmers, nick drake )
  • riding my bike around on summer nights when it stays light out till almost 10:00
  • the smell of pine needles

Seven Blogs that I Love (that I think will also do this challenge):
  1. Jimiyo has long been one of my favorite blogs to read.  Not only is he ridiculously talented and creative, but also very insightful and hilarious.
  2. Haunt I hope Erin will have a chance to do this award challenge.  Her blog has been mainly shipping updates lately, but I'm telling you, this woman makes the most fantastically beautiful soaps and her branding is pretty awesome.
  3. Hansen Soap Co.  is one of my fellow etsy SAFE team members.  I've tried my hand at melt and pour soaps and I'll tell you, it is not an easy medium to work with.  This woman makes some absolutely gorgeous creations and has just jumped into the wonderful world of cold process soap making.
  4. bloom, grow, love is the photography blog of Alicia Bock.  I've been a big fan of her photography since I first saw it on etsy about two years ago.  She's an amazing talent and her blog posts are often as soft and romantic as her images.
  5. ( inside a black apple ) I discovered this blog while making an etsy treasury based on my love for neko case.  When you do a search with the word neko on etsy, you'll find a lot of cat stuff and this.  Her art is amazing.
  6. Rachel's Studio Blog is another art blog.  I actually won a giveaway from her and it's a beautiful painting.  Her blog is cool because many times you get to vote on what she'll paint next.
  7. miss monster.  You just have to see it for yourself.
Honorable Mentions:
for lack of a better word - fantastic writings

Now I must deliver the awards via blog comments.

4 comments:

holly wynne said...

Awwww, thanks for the compliment--that means a lot in light of your mentioning such creative talents :).

jimiyo said...

:D thanks kat!

how's everything?

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the award. I've started a love for handmade soap. I'll be ready to try yours next. I'm totally fasinated with all things handmade - bath and body. I love to scrapbook and sew - create. I love to also take pictures and write. Anyway, congrats. I'm off to check out your links.
www.scrappysewsweet.etsy.com

Peau Naturelle said...

Aw, thanks so much for the mention Suds!!! You rock :) I love your soaps too, and am honoured you mentioned me! Thanks sweets!