buy sudstress

Monday, March 31, 2008

Ay, que fuerza!

Today I did a solo 5 mile run after getting my ass handed to me for the third consecutive time with Matt since recovering from the plague.  I think part of the reason I felt so good today was because I was alone.  I've had a bunch of stuff rattling around in my head that just needed to wander out and the only way I can do that is to go for a quiet run, sort of like a moving meditation.  I never listen to music when I run, a fact at which people gasp.  The other reason I think I did so well was because my allergies have been killing me on top of the fact that I still have a cough from that plague that I caught, so I took a Claritin D.  It has pseudo-ephedrine in it, but I hear they're not testing at the park, so performance enhancers abound...

At about 4 1/2 miles, two road bikers that I see there all of the time rode past and one says "Ay, que fuerza".  To my credit, I was feeling full of energy and was running really well, especially for 4+ miles in.  In the first three miles, I kept thinking 'I better slow down if I want to make it all the way around', but I just didn't feel like it.  I'm glad to be back.

On a soapy note:  I have pictures of my first big batch that I will write about later tonight, it just takes forever to upload pictures and I just couldn't wait to brag about my awesome run.  Plus, my oils are melted and I think it's time to mix and pour.  I'm currently making a big ol' batch of Mint Meditation.



Digg!

No comments: